- We are excited to announce the Adult NorthStar Database launched in December 2020 and it is now live. Over 20 adult Trusts are part of the Adult NorthStar Network and contribute to the adult database. Adults with DMD can join the registry from the age of 16 years.
If you have any queries related to the Adult NorthStar Network or Database and/or your Trust would like to participate in this project, please contact:
Adult NorthStar Network Coordinator
Prof Ros Quinlivan
- The following paper has recently been awarded the RCPCH 2020 Lorber award for the best scientific paper in paediatrics at the RCPCH Conference which will be held on Tuesday 28th April 2020. This paper was made possible thanks to the collaboration with the North Star Clinical Network. "Fractures and Linear Growth in a Nationwide Cohort of Boys With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy With and Without Glucocorticoid Treatment. Joseph S, Wang C, Bushby K, Guglieri M, Horrocks I, Straub V, et al." JAMA Neurology. 2019.
- The following poster was highly commended for the Best Poster Presentation by a Trainee Prize at the BPNA 2020 conference. "The role of dystrophin brain isoforms on early motor development and motor outcomes in young children with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. M Chesshyre, D Ridout, L Abbott, V Ayyar Gupta, K Maresh, A Manzur, M Scoto, G Baranello, F Muntoni." Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, London, UK; 2Population, Policy and Practice Research and Teaching Department, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, London, UK. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 62(S1), 15–75.
- Upcoming Annual North Star National Meeting for network members will be held in June 2020, London.
- North Star and SMA-REACH consultants met at the 46th BPNA meeting which was held on the 30JAN2020, Belfast.